Although filled with action and comedy, the part that captured my heart is the ending. The ending illustrates an amazing glimpse of the captured set free. If you haven’t seen it yet, there are some mild spoilers.
- Shock where they cannot comprehend what’s happening,
- Panic and chaos take over as they run to escape
- Joy fills them as they realize they are free.
- The hunter, given the task of killing any who escape, puts away his gun as he observes their elation.
- When they see the free world, they are awed as they taste freedom for the first time.
- They race into their new life as if they can’t get there fast enough.
- Three linger. Two use their freedom to find love. Another finds his own freedom. Not cages by doors and bars, he was caged by his coldness toward life. The joy of the freed has brought liberty to the captor.